If there is one staple around every Jewish table during holiday season — it has to be kugel. Whether you prefer it sweet or savory you can't go wrong with a festive…
Thanksgiving Recipe Feature: Spiced Sweet Potato Latkes with YogurtNovember 13, 2019 at 5:02 am
You most likely eat sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving, maybe drizzled with melted marshmallow or sweetened with sugar, but have you tried serving sweet potato latkes? How about sweet potato latkes with a spiced yogurt? We know you’re saying to yourself, “YUM,” so why not add some Israeli flavor into your Thanksgiving meal and serve our Sweet Potato Latkes with Yogurt this year.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups grated sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Oil for cooking
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees.
- Mix the sweet potatoes, onions, spices, and flour together in a large bowl with a fork. Blend in the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot and oil begins to shimmer, begin cooking latkes.
- Measure a heaped tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture and spoon into the skillet.
- Place four pancakes into the skillet per round, flattening each with a fork.
- Brown latkes for about four minutes per side, until golden brown and place on a paper towel to drain oil.
- Keep cooked latkes in a warmed oven until ready to serve.
- Add a dollop of yogurt to each and enjoy!